- Have you reached a point in life, where you know something needs to change but you don’t know what?
- Do you ever wonder who is living your life as you feel like you’re watching from the wings, as life moves?
- Have you experienced a life changing event and now realise you have been asleep for a while?
- Are you ready to shout about all the things you want to do, but there isn’t anyone to listen?
Then read on, because my One-to-One programme sounds like it’s just for you!
“Be not afraid of going slowly. Be afraid of standing still”. Chinese Proverb
Sinead here, The Holistic Parent, in Co. Meath. I am a parent mentor and educator as well as being a holistic therapist, aspiring writer and curious human. The main focus of my work is supporting parents as they transition with their newborns into home and family life. So how does that translate into one-to-one mentoring and coaching, you may ask? Working with parents as I do, invariably conversations flow and topics other than the immediate crop up.
I have worked with parents of newborns for nearly 16 years and the vast majority are first time parents. We have met either during their pregnancy or shortly following the birth of their child. Becoming a parent is a hugely significant change in your life – a real ‘life event’. With it brings enormous responsibility and a new sense of wonder at the world. What may have passed you by previously, you find yourself at times philosophising about now. The world, your life and your child’s future all seem to require exploration. Big questions call for thought and consideration.
Many of my new parent clients realise shortly after the arrival of their first child, that there are changes they want to make in their lives. Those changes may be practical, environmental, physical, or spiritual. For all, once that decision that change is needed or desired, then how to make that change becomes the focus. Therein is how my newborn parent coaching and mentoring, becomes private one-to-one consulting or personal growth mentoring.
When you already know someone and have spent time talking about the intricacies of bodily functions and physical discomfort, it really is not a big stretch to sharing thoughts, hopes, dreams and desires. Working with me on a one-to-one basis, gives you a private space, held just for you, where you can vocalise those thoughts that you feel are a bit too mad or far-fetched, wild, or unrealistic, for others to hear.
What does working with The Holistic Parent look like?
When working with me, you can choose from one of personal development and growth areas outlined below or choose your own. Commit to three sessions minimum and begin – it’s as easy as that. We meet/speak once a fortnight for 1hr 30mins. The time is managed by me, to a degree and that is to ensure you get the most out of it. Sessions are recorded for your benefit so you can listen back in between sessions, and for my records (GDPR regulations apply). The time you have in between allows you to sift through what has come up. The work you put in between sessions, will determine how much you get from the programme. As part of the programme, you make a contractual promise to yourself to be open to the possibilities and give yourself a chance. That is pretty much the only ‘rule’.
The options for personal development are as follows: –
- Personal Growth & Development
- Looks at inherent traits and learned skills
- Explores learned behaviours and talents
- Determines aims and sets goals for future work
- Dealing with Work Life Balance
- Reviews life as it is across all aspects
- Assesses the client’s wishes and hopes within this area
- Sets out clearly the realities and the steps ahead for change
- Self-Awareness & Identity
- Learning the art of introspection
- Discovering, Acknowledging and Honour the self
- Exploring what this new-found knowledge means
- Making Life or Career Changes
- Sounding out your current situation and position
- Expanding the mindset to explore new avenues
- Planning for the future, with goals, milestones and timelines
- Managing Life = Managing Time
- Determining the current pace and structure of life
- Setting out the priorities, needs and wishes for everyone
- Working within realistic parameters to create a way that works
- Client Led – tailored to your needs
- You bring to the table the topics you want to explore
- I expand the view to show the bigger picture
- You explore from there, in a private safe and secure space
You are ready for this change, perhaps you have been for a while, so book your programme through the calendar now.
The One-to-One Programme is currently €349*. This includes : –
- 3 x 1hr 30mins tailored sessions
- Includes 3 months Silver VIP Membership to The Holistic Parent Village
- Ongoing email support during the duration
- Access to additional online learning and information resources
*Price relates to online sessions
My work is based on the four cornerstones of self-efficacy, autonomy, resilience, and locus of control. I believe strongly and passionately in them and it is on these I build my life, my business, and my relationships. To reach the point where I can make that statement with full conviction, I have spent many hours, vocalising thoughts I felt were a bit too mad, or far-fetched, high-falutin’ or full of notions. I found safe space to do that and people who held that space securely for me.
We all have dreams and aspirations, some are cosmic, some are more down to earth but for all of them, we deserve to have the time and space to explore them, own them and aspire to them. Some can become realities, some will always be dreams and that’s okay.
YOU deserve the time and space to explore YOUR dreams and aspirations. I want YOU to have no regrets about all that ‘could have been’. This is your time to look at what CAN be and then take action.
Does this type of exploration capture your imagination?
Do you think you would like to simply think and wonder about the possibilities?
As The Holistic Parent, I hold that type of space for you. Think of it as ‘being at your grannys’, where you always felt heard and maybe even a little bit indulged. It didn’t do you any harm did it? The world can often be set to rights in spaces like that. If you have these thoughts, then you deserve to have the space to explore them. Showing yourself that love, sets the tone and raises the bar for others. Allow me to hold that space for you.
“When you love yourself, it’s easy for others to love you”.
The Holistic Parent
Sometimes, we can forget about the wonderful human beings we are, and with that, forget about the inherent traits we possess, i.e., the qualities we are born with, and the additional skills we learn and acquire as we develop through childhood and into adulthood. Each new skill or ability can only be learned if we have a foundation upon which to build and an aptitude or the capacity to learn. Both of these can be discovered and re-discovered through working with me, The Holistic Parent.
Personal growth and development is not easy but then nothing worthwhile ever really is. I work in a straight-talking, pragmatic way but I do so with empathy and compassion. That is how I support you on a one-to-one basis, with empathy and compassion.
“It always seems impossible until it’s done!” Nelson Mandela
I advocate that everyday is a learning day but learning means accepting change. Often as adults change is a scary word. Remember though, when we are struggling, it is because the story we are telling ourselves is not working for us. That means change is needed for you to grow and develop. If you are willing, determined and committed to change for the benefit of your life and your family, then there is truly little that is beyond your reach.
If you would like to discuss your own situation in more detail and discover how working with me can provide you with the support you need in your life, right now, please book a FREE 30-minute consultation call by clicking here.
“True life is lived when tiny changes occur!” Leo Tolstoy